It's not that hard to grasp. The district champ is based on district record only, not overall. You really want to bake your noodle? Then consider this. The BDD champ could be a team with a 3-7 overall record. And since district champs get an autobid to the playoffs....that's f'ed up. But as f'ed up as it it is I'd like to see it happen once just to see the reaction it'd get. lol
[LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]
Wow!! When did that happen?
[LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]
hmm, lets backtrack
couldnt be 02
in 02 PV played @ honaker in the playoffs.
03 maybe, PV got put out by GC in the playoffs.
or was it 04 Counts?
PV had to play Rye Cove at PV in 04 in the playoffs.
In 2003 Clintwood was 8-2 and Honaker was 9-1 and did not make the playoffs and Rye Cove was 5-5 CD champs and made it. However, Haysi was 9-1 that year also only losing to Clintwood.
Source
ok yaeh that sounds right, I knew Haysi was good in 03, i didnt think they were 4-6 or 5-5
After PV making the playoffs the past 2 years, I don't think that argument holds water. Plus, back in the day, I know of a couple of teams that finished 5-5 (and in '89 Appy may have had 4 district losses..it was 3 or 4) and went on to win state after a brutal regular season schedule. The tougher the schedule, the more prepared you are to play in the playoffs...there's too much evidence to support that philosophy not to recognize it.. Besides, if a team is afraid a tough schedule will keep them from making the playoffs, why even be in them to begin with. It's not like the teams upstate get any easier to beat....I've never seen the importance of making the playoffs if the best a team has to hope for is to win the Region. Maybe folks get excited just to get in...I never did and still don't.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
I agree and disagree, I team Like PV that has been in the Playoffs sine 91 (if that is right) SHOULD fill that way but a team like Kelly (Pre Last season) look at makeing the playoffs as a huge steping stone in building there program (With Kelly in for 2 years in a row there thought process should shif from happy to be here to takeing it to the next level).
Bookmarks